Partner Sign Up
Give to HOPE Together
News Letter SignUp
Help and Hope - Responding to Coronavirus
Press Release sign-up
HOPE for all in 2020
COVID-19 Bereavement Support
Monthly Prayer Sign-up
Peace and Justice
Leaders join Prayer 2020
Rhythm of Mission
Rhythm of Mission
Mission Academy Live
MA Live Sign Up
MA Live Small Groups
Funding for MA Live projects
MA Live Evangelism Tools
Youth Evangelism Conference
Youth News Sign-up
Youth News Archive
Rhythm of Mission
Online Youth Evangelism Resources
HOPE Youth Advocates
Talking Jesus - the course
HOPE Together logos
What is Christianity?
2020 Year of the Bible
Welsh Language Resources
Hope in Uncertain Times
Banner for group homepage
A Big Jubilee Thank You to Her Majesty the Queen
Church of England News - 24th September
A letter thanking Her Ma
jesty The Queen for 60 years of service has been delivered to Buckingham Palace today (Monday, September 24th). The Big Jubilee Thank You, coordinated by the Church of England and HOPE, was signed by the public in churches and cathedrals throughout the year and contains thousands of signatures from all over the country.
Dr Rachel Jordan,
National Mission and Evangelism Adviser for the Church of England, said: “It was a great honour to deliver The Big Jubilee Thank You - a moving collectio
n of messages
and letters created during the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations in cathedrals and churches across the UK and Europe, to express our gratitude to The Queen for her faithful service and Christian witness ove
r her 60-year reign.”
Letters of thanks were first signed by bishops, vicars and pastors, before being made publicly available in churches for the public to add their
own comments and signatures. They have been pouring into Church House in London for several months, some dioceses and churches choosing to use the Big Jubilee Thank You downloads available from the Church of England website, others choosing to create their own ways of saying thank you:
Dioceses of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich, York, Chichester, Birmingham, Blackburn, Carlisle, Leicester and Truro were among those saying thank you to
The Queen via large packs of pages utilising the ‘official’ Big Jubilee Thank You downloads
* Durham Cathedral and the Diocese of Europe chose to present signatures of thanks in beautifully bound books .
e Davidson from Brighstone Church of England Primary School on the Isle of Wight won a competition to design a striking cover for the Diocese of Portsmouth’s thank you letter
* The parish of Great Horton St John’s in the Diocese of Bradford, and the parish of Ottershaw in Guildford Diocese, designed particularly striking covers for their letters
* The people and churches of Foulsham, Guestwick, Stibbard, Themelthorpe and Wood Norton in the Diocese of Norwich designed their own thank you card, with crowns by the children and adults of Wood Norton Messy Church
* Hornchurch Methodist Church was one of many churches choosing to illustrate its thank you’s with pictures from its Big Jubilee Lunch event.
* A child from the parish of Earsham in Norwich Diocese contributed a poem to her thank you: “Much experience you have gained, 60 years you have reigned, You wear a lovely gown, You wear a Shining Crown, You Sit on a Golden Chair, Which Makes Me Look and Stare, I wish I was just like you, I wish I could meet you too.”
* Comments from adults included: “You have been the one person we can all depend upon. May you enjoy many more years on the throne”; “Thank you for a wonderful 60 years of dedication and loyal service”; “When even my children in their 20s are staunch royalists, I realise what an amazing job you have done throughout your reign.”
* Comments from children included: “Thank you for keeping the country safe and for lots of other things. PS I really like your hats : )”; “Queen Elizabeth is great! Uniting the country. Everyone adores you. Nation celebrating loads!”; “Dear Queen, I hope Prince Phillip is feeling better now.”
There were contributions to the Big Jubilee Thank You from Church of England, Baptist, Methodist, ELIM, Catholic and independent churches; Churches Together from around the country; Boys’ and Girls’ Brigades; church schools and academies; Guides and Brownies; Cubs and Scouts; and Mothers’ Unions.
Compiled together into one huge Big Jubilee Thank You, the contributions were delivered to Buckingham Palace by Dr Rachel Jordan, the Church of England’s National Worship and Evangelism Adviser; Roy Crowne, the Executive Director of HOPE; and the Revd Ian Bunce, Head of the Mission Department for the Baptist Union of Great Britain. They were received by Christopher Sandamas, Chief Clerk, Buckingham Palace.
to HOPE Together.
If you are a visitor, we have a page of links so you can quickly find your way around.
Click here to see more.
Visitors click here.
NEW TO HOPE?
Some useful pages are listed below:
What’s our vision?
Who are we?
How can you be involved?
How can you find out more about Christianity?
Sign up for regular news here